Friday, May 2, 2008

A few more days to go

It has been nice being off of work. A lot of stress is gone, and my days are filled with Sean's love, and Drew's of course too. So here has what has happened.
I have been feeling fine now that I am able to take it easy. I still take Sean to school Tues. thru Thursday. Other than that I try to stay in with my feet up. I do take an occasional trip to Dunkin Donuts with Sean to get our donut fix. I have only done this twice walking. Well, this past Thursday the weather was changing to prepare for some rain. My allergies were fine, but I had some asthmatic problems that would not go away that day. I was out of the house for most of the afternoon, taking Sean to school, getting a hair cut and picking up Drew from work. I got home, relaxed and ate dinner and my asthma was getting worse and I was just sitting on the couch watching Survivor and Don't Forget the Lyrics. I was coughing a lot and did not want this asthma to deprive the baby of any oxygen and I was worried it would still get worse. So I told Drew that we may be going for a visit to the hospital after I called the Dr. She told me to go in to get checked out and recieve a breathing treatment. I was so glad that I went in, even though it seemed silly to me because everything was o.k. with the baby, but now they were concerned about my health. They did the normal check-ups and my blood pressure would not go down. I was lying in a bed for 2 hours at the hospital and it was still in the 140's and 150's over something. I just knew it was high and cannot be controlled. By the third hour it was finally 123 over something. So I received a breathing treatment and some lab work to see what is going on with the BP, and they let me go home at 2:00 a.m. I was so happy that they didn't have to induce me then because of my bp, but I do really have to watch it now, because I can just feel my hands swollen and my feet puffing up sometimes, and I am eager for this to stop.

I am going in for a follow up visit on Monday and another check-up on Wednesday. I know baby Collin will be here within the next 10 days. But at least he hald off so I can have my wonderful shower that my sister is throwing me this Sunday. I cannot wait to get together with friends and family. Well, that is all for now, I will update the progress as it happens.

1 comment:

McGuff said...

I am glad that you are following Dr.'s orders now! Relax, Relax, Relax! I am sorry that I had to miss your shower. Kate and I would love to plan a day to come out see you when Collin is born though. We would get some good personal time in with you that way. Please be sure to let us know as soon as the little bundle arrives! Have Drew get on here and post the news with some pictures! Good Luck!