Thursday, January 10, 2008

IT'S A BOY!!!

It's a boy, and I am so excited for another boy and for Sean to have a brother. I am a little saddened about the fact that I may never be able to dress my child in pinks and purples and dresses and bows. Not unless I want to torture one of the boys, but no I won't do that. I will miss out on buying dollies and barbies and cute girl toys. I am a little bored with the boy toys. Cars and trucks and guys and boyish things. But that is o.k., Sean will be a great big brother and share his toys. I am so happy to know the sex of the baby now and everything is growing normally. He weighs 1 pound 3 ounces right now. That is so amazing that this tiny miracle is kicking and tumbling already.

Now I have to come up with a boy's name. I had a girl's name all picked out because I was all ready for a girl. I am already looking at little outfits while I work and just want to start buying clothes, but I have some time.

Sean wants the baby to come now. When we were at the hospital and we were getiing our jackets on to go he said I thought the baby was coming out today. It was so cute. We explained to him in the car on the way over that we were just looking at the baby on the computer screen, but he is so anxious. When I was laying down on the table having the ultrasound done he came in the room and wasn't too sure of what was going on as any normal 4 year old. So he came up to me, put his hand on my arm, and said it will be o.k. mom. I just wanted to start crying, it was so sweet.

I am more than half-way through this pregnancy, and I some days wish I could speed up time so the baby comes sooner, but most days I am happy to wait those couple of more months because with a new baby comes more responsibilities. I cannot wait but at the same time I just tell my sister when I see her going through things with Jason "oh I remember those days and I don't miss them." And then we always say those days are coming again soon.

Well, that is all for now.

1 comment:

McGuff said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You will be just like us with 2 boys!! I know just how you feel about the pink and the bows. To be totally honest, it never goes away! I just have to take advantage of Steve's girls every chance I get. I am lucky that Amanda likes when I braid her hair! Who knows maybe you will end up having a third and it will be a girl. Congrats again. Keep the updates coming.